Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Must-Have Sewing Essentials For Beginners




                 I am really excited because yesterday I received a new book and a sewing kit in the mail. The book is called Sew Teen: Make Your Own Cool Clothes  by Sheila Zent. In the book it teaches you how to sew clothing and accessories. I started reading it as soon as I took it out of the box. Its simple to understand instructions and illustraions. I love the photos of the models, too. It's good for beginnners. 

               My Mom bought the book and sewing kit for me from Amazon.com. I want to learn how to sew because I always liked art and crafts when I see people make them. It's interesting to me. I want to have more of a uniques sense of style to my clothing and I think that DIY clothing is a cool element of the 1970s and 1980s punk culture. Most of the time punks during those decades would make their own clothing or go to thrift stores then add their own style to it. 

                I haven't actually ever sewed any clothing before. But I have made a pillow in Home Ec class when I was in middle school. I don't have a sewing machine yet either. So it's going to be interesting to see how these projects will turn out. (P.S. I'm terrified!) But seriously I am excited to have a new hobby. I also received a sewing kit it's the Singer Beginners Sewing Kit. It has 130 prices of sewing supplies. 

MUST-HAVE SEWING ESSENTIALS
Here are what's in the kit. I think these are sewing essentials for any crafter: 

1. Sewing Needles 
2. Needle Threader
3. Fabric Scissors
4. Dressmaker Pins 
5. Thimble
6. Marking Pencils 
7. Sewing Gauge
8. Seam Ripper
9. Tape Measurer 
10. Spools of Thread  
11. Tomato Pin Cushion 


I have bookmarked the page in the book of the first project want to create. I will creating a lot of fun sewing tutorials on my blog and on my Youtube channel. 
I hope you enjoyed this list. 

 Are you a beginner sewer,too? Do you have a list of sewing supplies of your own? Would you add anything to this list? Do you think DIY fashion is important in Punk culture today and why? 
Please tell me in the comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Do You Think? Leave A Comment. I Love To Hear From All My Readers And Followers!